Cultural Competence in the Workplace
1.0 CE - Bringing awareness to hiring practices, inclusivity with events, cultural practices, and addressing language barriers in the workplace.
Time & Location
Jul 27, 2022, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
About the Event
Join ANA\C and Dr. Victoria Rondez Squier, DNP, MSN, RN in a meaningful discussion on understanding the importance of Cultural Competence in the Workplace. The goal is to bring awareness to encourage mindful professional behaviors, in the same manner, we model conflict resolution as leaders, leaders ought to model cultural competence.
- Identifying unconscious bias
- Provide examples of biased workplace behaviors
- Define and describe microaggression and how it relates to subtle bullying and incivility
- Develop strategies to counter bias in the workplace
- Describe how negative biases can affect the workplace environment